Light and Grace: The Audience of One

Whenever I talk about my audience, clients, and readers, I can't help but vividly imagine these lines that give me goosebumps everytime:

"I never did find a buyer for the book. Or the next one, either. It was ten years before I got the first check for something I had written and ten more before a novel, The Legend of Bagger Vance, was actually published. But that moment when I first hit the keys to spell out THE END was epochal. I remember rolling the last page out and adding it to the stack that was the finished manuscript. Nobody knew I was done. Nobody cared. But I knew. I felt like a dragon I’d been fighting all my life had just dropped dead at my feet and gasped out its last sulfuric breath."

-Steven Pressfield, The War of Art

You do your best. You do everything humanly possible. Yet no one shows up. No one buys your products. No one ever gets interested in what you do. Only those who understand the audience of One survives. Only those who can do it for the audience of One will be satisfied.

Blogging for the audience of One.
Running for the audience of One.
Cooking for the audience of One.
Homemaking for the audience of One.
Singing for the audience of One....

Speaking your truth... doing what you know in your heart you should be doing... sending out to the world your message in its authentic form... believing that your audience of One never fails to show up... and He is pleased.

He is always pleased.

ShareThis

Web Analytics