Light & Grace: A Quick Note on Forgiving

Yesterday, a friend told me a story on how a person deeply hurted his feelings by shaming him in front of others. I am honored by the openness extended to me and stories like this resonate with me because I, too, know how the force of hurt can affect my life. I wish to share with you something powerful from one of my sheroes, Joyce Meyer. I got this my from her daily devotional plan on my inbox today:

"I want to encourage you today to bless the people who have hurt you by praying for them, even though you may feel hurt and irritated by them. When you pray for people who have hurt you, it's a choice you make. And forgiveness is based on your decision - not a feeling. But there's healing in that for you. "

If you are hurting today, I'd like you to know that you are not alone. You are lead by a God whom you can access for strength, comfort and liberty.

Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty. - 2 Cor 3:17

ShareThis

Web Analytics